Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day and it’s my favourite meal of the day! To start the day full of motivation, we’re in need of fueling food that gives us energy. This recipe has many healthy ingredients with protein, vitamins and is low-carb, so we can avoid the sugar crash that comes after insulin has done its work. In addition, it’s really easy and you can use different toppings, so it never gets boring. Most important: It’s sooo yummy!
Scrambled banana-egg breakfast
For 1 serving
1 tsp coconut oil
if you like add 1-2 tbsp nut flour
your favourite nuts, in this example:
3 tbsp sliced almonds
4 tbsp coconut chips
2 hands full of your favourite fruit, in this example blueberries and strawberries
1 tsp almond butter
vanilla bean powder
- Roast seeds and nuts without oil in a pan and put aside.
- Wash and/or chop your favourite fruit.
- Mash banana in a bowl or plate.
- Add egg and mix well. You can also add 1-2 spoons of nut flour (coconut, almond, tiger nut etc.)
- Heat coconut oil in the pan and add batter. Add a little vanilla bean powder and cinnamon. Stir as if you want to make scrambled eggs.
- Put banana-egg in a bowl and add your favourite toppings – seeds, fruit, nuts, almond butter or whatever comes to your mind. Enjoy!
Be creative and have what you like best!
The most important thing: adjust this recipe to your taste and hunger! If you don’t like strawberries, use apple instead. If you’re allergic to almonds, substitute them with sunflower seeds. If you don’t like nut butter, leave it out. Be creative and have what you like best!
What are your favourite toppings? Leave your ideas in the comments!
This recipe is inspired by a Whole30 recipe from Bravo for Paleo.